The National Congress on Science Education meets annually and consists of one voting delegate from each of the 94 NSTA Chapters and Associated Groups. The Congress meets to discuss issues and bring forth recommendations that may be of interest to NSTA and the science education community. Delegates and other local leaders benefit from attending the summer congress, which provides opportunities to
- Network with other science leaders from the US and Canada;
- Attend leadership workshops to assist them in their association role;
- Represent their members as a voting delegate;
- Attend focus groups to address national issues and formulate debate and adopt resolutions;
- Meet and work with the NSTA elected leaders and staff.
Save The Date! 2013 National Congress on Science Education
July 17–20, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel
Meeting & Housing Location
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel
200 Convention Boulevard
San Juan, PR 00907
Discounted rooms are available for NCSE attendees. The room rate is $119 per night plus tax. Visit this housing link to book your room or call the hotel and reference the "2013 NCSE (Summer Congress) Meeting" when making accommodations. Hotel accommodations must be made by June 24, 2013, to receive the discounted rate.
Registration and Credentialing Information
Registration for the 2013 NCSE Meeting is now available. To register, click here. There is a registration fee of $60 for all Congress attendees (this includes delegates, alternates and general attendees). Attendees representing an NSTA-recognized Chapter or Associated Group, must register as a Delegate or Alternate during the registration process. The registration and credentialing process is completely online—no printed registrations will be accepted.
Delegates and Alternates must declare their intent (and register) by June 17, 2013 (per NCSE Operating Policy).
Attendee Handbook/Issue Forum Information
The NCSE Planning Committee has create a comprehensive handbook to assist new and experienced meeting attendees. Please review the handbook, in detail and contact email@example.com if you have further questions. Download the 2013 NCSE Attendee Handbook.
This year's meeting will include four (4) Issue Forums. Issue Forums are focused sessions where attendees are able to discuss specific topics related to science education. The 2013 NCSE Issue Forums are listed below. The titles are also linked to document explaining each forum with additional reading for attendees to prepare for the meeting.
Questions or suggestions?
Contact NSTA Chapter Relations or call (800) 722-6782, ext. 275 or (703) 312-9275.
2013 Congress Planning Committee
- Bill Badders, Chairperson and NSTA President-Elect
- Eric Brunsell, District Director, District XII
- Chris Campbell, District Director, District VII
- Pat Ruane, District Director, District I
- Vicki Massey (Council Alternate), District Director, District XIV
- Stan Hart, Alabama Science Teachers Association
- Barbara Pietrucha, New Jersey Science Teachers Association
- Steven Walvig, Minnesota Science Teachers Association
- Christine Royce (Congress Alternate), Pennsylvania Science Teachers Association