As an NSTA Fellow, you will receive:
- Comprehensive NSTA membership and its benefits;
- An opportunity to participate in a variety of web-based professional development activities, including web seminars
- Unlimited use of resources including vetted web links for lesson plans, links to state and national standards, professional organizations, safety tips and more;
- An opportunity to participate in New Teacher Center e-Mentoring for Student Success (eMSS) developed by NSTA, the New Teacher Center, and Montana State University that includes:
- e-Mentoring with an experienced teacher in the same science discipline and grade level;
- Facilitated online curriculum that focuses on science content and applicable classroom pedagogy;
- Access to a nationwide, online network of science educators and scientists that facilitate the exchange of information, ideas, and resources;
- Accommodations, coverage of airfare, food, and registration fees to attend the NSTA national conference;
- An opportunity to participate in specialized conference pathways and to participate in a Research Dissemination Conference or a Professional Development Institute.
New Science Teacher Academy Fellows must be:
- Located throughout the country*
- Entering their second through fifth year of teaching
- Working a schedule with 51% of their classes in middle or high school science.
Former Academy Fellows are not eligible.
*Applicants must be residents of one of the 50 states or four U.S. jurisdictions. The jurisdictions are Washington, DC; Puerto Rico; Department of Defense Schools; and the U.S. territories as a group (American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
Selected applicants will represent a geographic distribution of the U.S. states and four U.S. jurisdictions.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator at email@example.com or (703)312-9274.