- Why did you decide to become a teacher?
- Have you ever taken care of someone? Did you enjoy it?
- Do you consider yourself a risk taker? (Give an example
to back up your answer.)
- Are you a positive and energetic person? (Give an example
to back up your answer.)
- If a student said she thought you were the worst teacher
she ever had, what would you say?
- If I were your principal and we were setting goals for
next year, what would they be?
- What is the last book you read?
- Have you ever considered publishing a book?
- Some people say you should demand respect. Do you agree
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you rank these in importance and why? Planning,
discipline, methods, evaluation.
- If a student came to you and said, “None of the
other students like me,” what would you tell him or
- Are you an empathetic person? Give an example.
- How can you tell that a person is a good listener?
- Are you an objective person? Give an example.
- What do you want to do with your life?
- How do you feel if a student doesn’t meet a deadline?
- It is the first day of class, you are writing something
on the board and a paper wad hits you in the back, what
would you do? Later the same day, if all the students drop
their pencils, what would you do?
- What was the most frustrating thing that happened to you
as a student teacher? What was the best thing?
- Do you believe you should build rapport with students?
If yes, how?
- How do you give your students recognition? Do you think
a student can have too much recognition?
- How do you encourage students to learn? Can a student
be forced to learn?
- How do you handle a child who seems gifted, but is a discipline
- How do you feel about computers in the classroom?
- How do you present a new word to a class?
- What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
- What is the role of the principal? Does a conflict exist
between your perception of a principal’s role and
his/her role as your evaluator?
- Describe your student teaching experience.
- During your student teaching, were you ever involved with
a situation at school involving racial tension? If so, how
did you handle it?
- How do you establish authority/discipline? What do you
do when a discipline problem arises?
- What subjects have you taught?
- Are you patient? Give an example.
- Do you ever feel angry toward your students?
- What will you be doing in five years?
- What is you educational philosophy?
- If you could create the ideal school, what would it be
- Do you like to be challenged? (Give an example to back
up your answer.)
- What do you like/dislike most about teaching?
- How do you feel about noise in the classroom? How do you
handle noise in the classroom?
- How would you handle making a difficult phone call to
Reprinted with Permission of Virginia Tech Career
Services – www.career.vt.edu