Conference Transcripts and Graduate Credit
There are two options offered to document your professional development during the conference:
- An NSTA transcript, which is also certification of your conference attendance; and/or
- One graduate credit through Framingham State College, Framingham, Mass.
Both require that you register for the NSTA Boston National Conference. The Framingham State College credit requires a written assignment and application in addition to an NSTA transcript.
Guidelines for participants interested in professional development credit and using their transcript as certification of attendance:
During the conference, keep track of your events (field trips, short courses, exhibit hall visits, and featured speaker presentations) on the Professional Development Documentation Form that is available in the final program. During the conference be sure to complete the evaluation forms provided at most of the sessions you attend and drop the forms in any of the evaluation boxes located at each of the main meeting facilities. Approximately five weeks after the conference, you can access your transcript at learningcenter.nsta.org/transcript.aspx by entering your last name and badge ID number. Any sessions that you evaluated will be posted on your individual transcript and you will have the opportunity to add events that you attended that are not listed and print copies of your transcript for your files as well as for your administrator’s files. All information in the transcripts will be maintained (and can be accessed) indefinitely as part of your individual profile.
Guidelines for participants interested in one graduate credit in professional development through Framingham State College as documentation of professional growth during this conference:
To obtain graduate credit, you must complete a Framingham State College Registration Form, which is available during the conference at the Massachusetts Association of Science Teachers (MAST) booth in the exhibit hall from the Framingham State College website. Note: Credit is a Pass/Fail Option only.
Framingham State College Credit Requirements:
- Officially register for the conference.
- Attend a minimum of 12 hours of programs (teacher sessions, exhibitor workshops, short courses, symposia, exhibit hall visits, featured speakers, general session, meetings, professional development institutes).
- Obtain a conference transcript (an individual profile of attendance) through NSTA.
- Complete a Framingham State College Graduate Credit Registration form (see above).
- Submit a 500-word reflection that describes your professional growth and the impact it will have in your professional work or two lesson plans that reflect changes/additions you would make in your teaching practices.
- Submit all documentation (registration form, $79 payment, NSTA transcript of attendance, and written assignment) by May 30, 2008, to:
Div. of Graduate and Continuing Education
Framingham State College
100 State St.
PO Box 9101
Framingham, MA 01701-9101
Each individual who registers for graduate credit will receive an official grade report that will be mailed to the address specified on his or her registration form. The grades will be mailed approximately two weeks after the deadline. An official transcript may also be ordered online through the Registrar’s Office at a cost of $3.