Guidelines for Participants Interested in One Graduate Credit through Xavier University
To obtain graduate credit, you must complete a Xavier University Registration Form and a Graduate Non-Degree Application Form, which are available here by download. These forms are also available during the conference at the Xavier University Graduate Credit booth in the NSTA registration area. The cost is $199 for one semester credit hour. Note: Credit is a pass/fail option only.
Xavier University Credit Requirements
- Officially register for the NSTA Area Conference on Science Education in Cincinnati.
- Attend a minimum of 12 hours of programs (teacher sessions, exhibitor workshops, General Session, featured speakers, short courses, NSTA symposia, and field trips).
- Assignment for Credit: Submit a paper describing 1) What you learned about science teaching and learning as a result of attending the NSTA conference (provide specific examples to support your response); and 2) How you will use the skills and knowledge in your science classroom (provide specific examples to support your response).
Guidelines for Assignment: The paper should be 1,000–1,500 words, 12 pt. Times New Roman, double spaced, with one-inch margins. Include your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address on the cover sheet.
- Obtain an NSTA conference transcript (an individual profile of attendance) available through NSTA approximately three weeks following the conference. Visit NSTA’s web page on tracking professional development for details.
- Submit the following documentation by MARCH 1, 2009:
- Submit all documentation to:
Dr. Cynthia H. Geer
3800 Victory Pkwy.
Cincinnati, OH 45207-6521
An official transcript may be ordered after May 15, 2009, from the Registrar’s Office. Information for obtaining an official transcript can be found at online or contact Transcripts, Xavier University, Office of the Registrar, 3800 Victory Pkwy., Cincinnati, OH 45207-3131.