PLEASE NOTE that it's not too late to reserve a room at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel! To reserve a room at the Sheraton, please call 602-262-2500 and mention that you are with the NSTA Phoenix Conference.
Make your hotel reservations now and save! NSTA has negotiated special discounted room rates with two hotels near the Phoenix Convention Center. You must make your reservation through the NSTA Housing Bureau to receive these discounts. You may make your reservation by internet or mail.
If paying by credit card, you must make your reservation online (preferred) or by phone. Reservations with payment by check must be mailed.
- Shop for NSTA hotels and/or make your hotel reservation now using our online reservation option.
- Download a Housing Reservation Form in Adobe Acrobat format, including hotel list and map, to mail your reservation.
Some Do’s and Don’ts
Do make sure to make your reservation through the NSTA Housing Bureau to get the special conference hotel rates. Making reservations through the hotel directly, or through a central hotel reservation number, will not guarantee that you receive the NSTA discounted rates.
Do make your hotel reservation as soon as possible. Hotels fill up fast, and reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. For best availability, make your reservation online.
Do not fax your Housing Request Form to NSTA. In particular, some people have sent a Housing Request Form along with their conference registration. This will delay the processing of your hotel reservation.
The hotels do not accept Purchase Orders for deposits or payment of hotel rooms.
If it is necessary that you cancel your reservation, do so as soon as possible to avoid penalty.
The Cheapest Route to Phoenix
NSTA has made arrangements with several major airlines to offer discounted fares to Phoenix conference attendees. Call NSTA-designated airlines toll free and use the following NSTA codes to receive discounts off even the lowest promotional fares. There may be additional discounts for purchases 60 days or more prior to your departure date. Restrictions may apply.
- AirTran Airlines discounts up to 10% on the lowest available Air Tran Airways one-way fare. This offer is available for phone reservation only through the EventSavers Desk (866-683-8368) using Event Code NSTA12. Travel agents must call the EventSavers Desk to get the discount (this discount is not available through travel agent online systems).
- American Airlines discounts up to 5% on applicable fares at www.aa.com. Choose your flight arrival/departure dates and access NSTA discounts by clicking on "More Flight Search Options" (to the left of the red Find Flights button) and inserting 36D2AY in the Promotion Code box (#9). Or call your travel professional (they may charge a reservation fee) or American at 800-433-1790 for reservations ($25 fee per ticket).
- Continental and United Airlines offer NSTA discounts of 2% to 10% off published fares. Save an additional 3% by booking your own reservations at www.continental.com. Choose your flight times and access your meeting discounts by inserting ZM4V808214 in the "Offer Code (optional)" box. Or call your travel professional (they may charge a reservation fee) or Continental MeetingWorks at 800-468-7022 for reservations ($25 fee per ticket). Refer to Z Code ZM4V and Agreement Code 808214.
- Delta discounts up to 10% off applicable fares at www.delta.com. Choose your flight arrival/departure dates and access NSTA discounts by clicking on "Advanced Booking Page" (below the "More Booking Options" link) and inserting NM87Y in the Meeting Event Code box. Or call your travel professional (they may charge a reservation fee) or Delta at 800-328-1111 for reservations ($25 fee per ticket).
- AmTrak offers 10% off of the lowest available rail fare via phone reservations only. Call 800-872-7245 and use NSTA's Convention Fare Code X98K-952. Offer not valid on Auto Train and Acela service.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers 5% discounts on rental cars either online or by phone. Go to www.enterprise.com and enter the pick-up location, arrival and departure dates, and 16AH230 in the "Optional: Coupon, Customer or Corporate Number" box. Click on "search" and enter PIN "NST." Or call 800-593-0505 and use NSTA code 16AH230. There are no fees for online or phone reservations.
Ground Transportation to/from the Airport
Transportation is easy in Phoenix and its surrounding communities. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is located five minutes from downtown Phoenix and 20–30 minutes from most downtown hotels. Ground transportation options from the airport include:
- Taxis—Rates remain the same regardless of company, number of passengers and number of bags. The first mile is $5. Each additional mile is $2.30. Each hour of a traffic delay is $23. The minimum fare is $15. Each per trip airport surcharge is $1.
- SuperShuttle®, which operates 24 hours on a scheduled basis, with vans departing every 15 minutes from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Click here for a $4 discount offer.
- Free airport shuttle between airport terminals and the 44th Street and Washington METRO light rail stop.
Getting Around Town/Parking
It's easier than ever to get around downtown Phoenix. The Phoenix METRO light rail and the bus system—DASH (Downtown Area Shuttle) and DEE (Downtown Evening Express)—make it easy to get where you need to be. Or, you can flag down one of the plentiful pedicabs. Click here for information on parking in downtown and getting around town.