Make your hotel reservations now and save! NSTA has negotiated special discounted room rates with 22 hotels near the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. You must make your reservation through Orchid Event Solutions to receive these discounts. You may make your reservation by internet, phone, fax, or mail.
If paying by credit card, you must make your reservation online (preferred) or by phone. Reservations with payment by check must be mailed.
- Shop for NSTA hotels and/or make your hotel reservation now using our online reservation option.
- Download a Housing Reservation Form in Adobe Acrobat format, including hotel list and map, to fax or mail your reservation.
Some Do’s and Don’ts
Do make sure to make your reservation through Orchid Event Solutions/NSTA to get the special conference hotel rates. Making reservations through the hotel directly, or through a central hotel reservation number, will not guarantee that you receive the NSTA discounted rates.
Do make your hotel reservation as soon as possible. Hotels fill up fast, and reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. For best availability, make your reservation online.
Do not fax your Housing Request Form to NSTA. In particular, some people have sent a Housing Request Form along with their conference registration. This will delay the processing of your hotel reservation.
Hotels do not accept Purchase Orders for deposits or payment of hotel rooms.
If it is necessary that you cancel your reservation, do so as soon as possible to avoid penalty.
The Cheapest Route to San Antonio
Go online or call NSTA-designated airlines toll-free and use the following NSTA codes to receive discounts off even the lowest promotional fares. Please note that each airline has different booking policies.
- American Airlines discounts up to 5% on applicable fares at www.aa.com. Choose your flight arrival/departure dates and access NSTA discounts by clicking on "More Flight Search Options" (to the left of the red Find Flights button) and inserting 9543BX in the Promotion Code box (#9). Or call your travel professional (they may charge a reservation fee) or American at 800-433-1790 for reservations ($25 fee per ticket).
- Continental and United Airlines offer NSTA discounts of 2% to 10% off published fares. Save an additional 3% by booking your own reservations at www.united.com. Choose your flight times and access your meeting discounts by inserting ZNVP385481 in the "Offer Code (optional)" box. Or call your travel professional (they may charge a reservation fee) or United Meetings at 800-426-1122 for reservations ($25 fee per ticket). Refer to Z Code ZNVP and Agreement Code 385481.
- Delta discounts up to 5%–10% off applicable fares (not all fares are applicable). Choose your flight arrival/departure dates and access NSTA discounts at www.delta.com by clicking on "Advanced Booking Page" (below the "More Booking Options" link) and inserting NMEZR in the Meeting Event Code box. Or call your travel professional (they may charge a reservation fee) or Delta at 800-328-1111 for reservations ($25 fee per ticket).
- AmTrak offers 10% off of the lowest available rail fare via phone reservations only. Call 800-872-7245 and use NSTA's Convention Fare Code X95K-952. Offer not valid on Auto Train and Acela service.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers discounts on rental cars either online or by phone. Go to www.enterprise.com and enter the pick-up location, arrival and departure dates, and 16AH230 in the "Optional: Coupon, Customer or Corporate Number" box. Or call 800-593-0505 and use NSTA code 16AH230. There are no fees for online or phone reservations. Rates vary by city; weeklong discounts are also available.
Getting Around Town
Lined with restaurants, shops, and bars, the River Walk is a network of walkways along the banks of the San Antonio River through approximately five miles of downtown and the outlying area. Click here to access a map of the River Walk.
Open-air riverboats provide both tours and taxi service throughout the River Walk. Tickets can be purchased at the Rivercenter Mall and other sites. Drivers have tickets on board as well. Click here for more information about Rio San Antonio Cruises.
San Antonio's metropolitan transit system, VIA, serves the city with an extensive bus and streetcar system. A reproduction of an authentic San Antonio railcar, the VIA Streetcar offers routes to major attractions:
- Red Route (Monday–Friday, 7:00 AM–10:30 PM; Saturday/Sunday, 9:00 AM–10:30 PM): The Alamo, Convention Center, Market Square, HemisFair Park, La Villita, Rivercenter Mall, San Antonio Visitor Center
- Blue Route (Monday–Friday, 7:00 AM–9:00 PM; Saturday/Sunday, 9:00 AM–9:00 PM): Convention Center, The Alamo, Central Library, Southtown, HemisFair Park, La Villita, Rivercenter Mall, San Antonio Visitor Center, King William, Blue Star Arts Complex
- Special (Bus No. 7) (Daily, 7:00 AM–7:00 PM): San Antonio's must-see stops, including the River Walk, the Convention Center, The Alamo, San Antonio Museum of Art, Japanese Tea Garden, San Antonio Zoo, San Antonio Botanical Garden, and San Antonio Children’s Museum
A $4 unlimited one-day pass allows you to ride as much as you want all day long on the VIA Streetcar or bus route and provides discounts at area attractions. The passes are available for purchase at the VIA Information Center (211 W. Commerce St.) or at selected attractions on the route. Click here for more information about VIA and to purchase a pass online.
Visit the San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau for more visitor information, including restaurants, shops, local attractions, and city maps.
Ground Transportation to/from the Airport
The San Antonio International Airport (SAT) is located eight miles from downtown San Antonio.
GO Airport Shuttle kiosks are located in the baggage claim areas in both terminals. Service from the airport to downtown hotels runs 7:00 AM–1:30 AM daily; service from downtown hotels to the airport, 4:00 AM–10:00 PM daily. The rate is $18 one way, $32 round trip per person. Fuel surcharges may apply. Reservations are highly recommended, but not required. To make your shuttle reservation, call 877-358-8687 or click here.
The taxi fare to San Antonio downtown areas is approximately $24 to $26 per taxicab (up to six may share a cab, if both luggage and passengers fit safely).
Located between Alamo and Market streets, the Riverbend Garage offers hourly parking, seven days a week. Click here for more details and other parking options near the Convention Center.
You can also contact your hotel for information on guest parking.