With more than 200 products and services available, membership in NSTA is one of the best professional development investments you can make. As an NSTA member, you will be part of a dynamic group of more than 55,000 dedicated science teachers, science supervisors, administrators, scientists, business and industry representatives, and others involved in and committed to science education and working toward the same goal—to promote excellence and innovation in science teaching and learning for all!
We hope you will consider joining NSTA. We offer you and your colleagues free access to use and test one of our popular PD options, a SciPack, which is a 10-hour online learning experience to build content knowledge on a variety of topics. SciPacks are suitable for grade 3–9 teachers and are aligned with the national science education standards. Access a FREE SciPack of your choice by October 31, 2010.
- Register for a free Learning Center account by visiting learningcenter.nsta.org.
- Select "My Account" and supply your name, email address, and login info.
- Then choose Learning Resources & Opportunities, select SciPacks.
- Click on "All SciPacks" on the left side of the screen and select the one you want from the list of 15. Click on the SciPack title.
- Choose "Add to cart."
- Choose "Go to checkout."
- Type in the source code (RP0910) or promotion code into "Apply Promotion Code."
- Click on the word "Apply."
- Do NOT click on "Proceed to payment."
You will now find your SciPack in your holding area called "My Library" at the top of the Learning Center web page. Access it and get involved in learning new content. You can start and complete the work at more than one sitting. At the end of the learning experience, print a PDF certificate that shows you have completed the SciPack and accomplished learning new knowledge of the topic.
For assistance, please call our customer service desk at 1.800.722.6782.