Membership in NSTA delivers all the best professional development and resources a science educator needs. You'll be rewarded with renewed confidence and competence in your teaching, a vast network of colleagues online and face-to-face upon which to rely, as well as saving time and money as you advance your teaching career.
Becoming the Best Science Teacher You Can Be
Members select one or more of the idea-packed, peer-reviewed journals designed for all grade levels. Content-rich archives of past journal issues, even ones you don't subscribe to, are available free to members.
NSTA Learning Center—Offering year-round face-to-face and online-learning opportunities with leading education providers. Just-in-time, just-for-you content-driven professional development proven to improve teaching.
- NSTA Reports—a quick-read newspaper that covers the latest science-teaching news and informs teachers about resources and opportunities. ( North America only).
- E-Newsletters—Weekly and monthly bulletins that consolidate the latest news and information from NSTA. Choose among general information, grade-specific e-newsletters focusing on a single curriculum topic or created for elementary school principals.
- NSTA Press®—Over 200 titles designed to develop the science educator's knowledge and expertise. Each year, we add 20–25 new books, and Members receive a 20 percent discount on Press titles (10 percent on other titles). Visit the Science Store, request a catalog or call 800-277-5300.
- SciLinks®—More than 15,000 vetted science web pages are at your fingertips. Real-time data and new content on a host of science topics is accessible by linking to a brief note found in the margin of many textbooks and NSTA journals. Using your member ID will give you entry even if your textbook is not SciLinks-enabled!
Sharing and Staying Connected
NSTA National Conference and Area Conferences—NSTA conferences are the world's largest gathering of science educators—an unparalleled professional development opportunity. Whether you're a first-year teacher or a long-time educator, you'll be inspired by your colleagues' experiences and ideas. You'll come away enriched, motivated, and invigorated. NSTA members receive a significant discount on registration.
||NSTA List Server E-mail Subscriptions
Members can join any of 13 electronic lists to gain knowledge from industry professionals who gather online to share valuable information. Archives are available also, to help you build your own library of tips from colleagues!
"Like us" to follow all science education posts and happenings at www.facebook.com/NSTA.FB.
Follow us on Twitter: NSTA. Twitter page: twitter.com/NSTA. Frequently Used Hashtags: #NSTA, #Teachsci, #Scichat.
Join NSTA's online professional networking group: www.nsta.org/linkedin.
Watch your colleagues doing teaching demonstrations, hear from conference attendees, and more by subscribing to our channel at www.youtube.com/user/nstawebdirector.
nstacommunities.org/blog. Join the discussion. We want your opinions and ideas. When looking for other related blogs to follow, just remember to search for these keywords: NSTA, Science Teaching, Science Education, and STEM.
And bookmark our handy Social Networking page where you can see it all happening real-time!
Saving Time and Money
- Membership Dues Automatic Payment Plan—Renew your NSTA membership automatically with your credit card on a quarterly or annual basis.
- GEICO Insurance—Members receive discounts on insurance, and by getting a free quote you're supporting NSTA with a donation from GEICO!
- NSTA-Sponsored Marsh Group Insurance Plans—Ttake advantage of economical group insurance plans including term life, disability income, and educators' professional liability.
- SciGuides—All subject-specific SciGuides save valuable time by providing a rich collection of web-based resources targeted to a specific concept. This unique, online service also features classroom resources and filtering tools that provide a complete package for integrating the internet into your science curriculum. Members receive a 20% discount on their purchase.
- Don't forget the huge savings NSTA members get on books, digital content, and conference registration!
Questions? Contact NSTA Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-722-6782 or 703-243-7100.