About NASA Explorer Schools
Are you looking for fun, exciting and interactive ways to connect your students to NASA? Are you in search of engaging, academically rigorous resources and activities that you can easily implement into your classroom? Do you want to give your students the opportunity to chat with a NASA expert and have their questions answered live online? Check out NASA Explorer Schools!
Bring NASA to Your Classroom
Designed for teachers in grades 4–12, NASA Explorer Schools provides a forum for accessing free lessons, student engagement activities, and professional development opportunities centered on NASA missions and science, technology, engineering and mathematics topics and careers. NES also offers multiple pathways for you to connect with other motivated STEM educators across the country to share best practices and classroom implementation ideas.
Benefits of Registering to Be a NASA Explorer Schools Educator:
- A searchable lesson library links subjects you teach to NASA’s innovative research and scientific discoveries.
- Professional development and support help you implement NASA lessons into your classroom.
- Weekly NASA Now classroom videos feature NASA careers and STEM concepts connected to real-world missions and projects.
- Monthly live chats are held where students in participating classrooms have an opportunity to ask content- or career-related questions of NASA experts during a one-hour live video chat.
- Collaboration tools are available for gathering and sharing ideas and resources with other NES educators and NASA staff.
- Recognition opportunities for you, your students or school are offered for innovative integration of NES teaching materials and exemplary use of best practices in STEM education.
- Live Help Desk support is available during standard business hours to help you find what you need.
Join NES Today!
For additional information about the NASA Explorer Schools project and for instructions on how to register, go to explorerschools.nasa.gov. For more information, review the NES Frequently Asked Questions, or e-mail NES staff at the Help Desk: NASA-Explorer-Schools@mail.nasa.gov.
To participate, you must be a U.S. citizen and have a current, valid education certification as an administrator or educator in a state or nationally accredited education institution (grades 4–12) in the United States, a U.S. territory, or a U.S. Department of Defense or Department of State school.