- Science should be fun, not scary—for you and your child! NSTA provides some guidance—"Help Your Child Explore Science."
- NSTA sponsors a student competiton called ExploraVision for grades 4–12.
- Curious about the teaching of evolution? Check out our evolution resources page.
- Looking for other science websites? SciLinks® is a collection of teacher-vetted web pages organized by subject.
- Looking for science books and other products? Check out the following:
- Find resources and conversation about science education in the primary years at the Early Years Blog.
Action Guide for Community and Parent Leaders
Public Education Network has developed an indispensable guide for community leaders, parents and educators on how to use the No Child Left Behind law to advocate for improved public education. The guide cuts through education jargon and explains the law's new requirements for states, districts, and schools in clear terms. It prioritizes 10 major areas in the law where the public should concentrate its action. The guide is organized as an easy-to-use professional development tool for administrators and teachers committed to improving student achievement. The guide is now available for free download. Single hard copies are free.