Here are some web resources
to help you and your students learn more about this fascinating
topic. While we recommend them, NSTA is not responsible for their
- The process of a nerve impulse is so quick that it
takes a special field of chemistry to study it. There are several
great simulations on the web to help you understand this process
- Each year over 10,000 Americans suffer the effects
of spinal cord injury:
- You can learn more about
this condition here.
- Actor Christopher Reeve
has led the efforts to research cures for this condition.
Read about his fight here.
- Parkinson's Disease is one of a series of nervous
- Read more about it and
the efforts to find a cure here.
- Read about the newest gene
therapy treatments here.
- When brain cells sometimes
signal abnormally, the condition is called epilepsy:
- Learn more about it here.
- These aren't the only
diseases of the nervous system:
- The web is full of good stuff about the nervous system
a good site for kids.