Welcome to the Permissions page for the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA).
Copyright: All materials published on this site (including but not limited to images, text, illustrations, and audio clips) are protected by copyright laws of the United States or other jurisdictions and are owned or controlled by NSTA. The materials are provided solely for the personal, noncommercial use of registered and nonregistered users of the NSTA website.
- All educators may reproduce up to five copies of an NSTA article or book chapter for personal use only. This does not include display or promotional use.
- All educators may reproduce and e-mail an NSTA article or book chapter in their possession to as many as five individuals for personal use only. This does not include promotional use.
- Elementary, middle, and high school teachers, as well as educators in a university setting, may reproduce an article from a single issue of an NSTA journal or book chapter for one-time classroom or noncommercial, professional-development use only. This does not apply to coursepacks (see next paragraph).
- E-book buyers may download files to multiple personal devices but are prohibited from posting the files to third-party servers or websites, or from passing files to nonbuyers.
For all other uses, see below to request permission. The Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) is authorized by NSTA to handle requests to:
- Republish or use articles in journals, magazines, newspapers, newsletters, dissertations, textbooks, trade books, CD-ROMs, and DVDs;
- Make more than five photocopies for internal use within an organization, company, or university setting;
- Post articles on a company or organization intranet or extranet;
- Distribute more than five copies of an article via e-mail;
- Make copies of articles for coursepacks to be sold to students or for use in electronic coursepacks.
NSTA has established specific conditions under which it will grant permission to reuse content from the NSTA website, NSTA journals, and NSTA Press books. To request permission for approved uses and to pay the associated fees, please access www.copyright.com or contact the Copyright Clearance Center, Inc. (CCC) 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923, 978-750-8400. CCC is a not-for-profit organization that provides licenses for the use of NSTA content.
Wherever you see the following logo on the NSTA website, you may click through to CCC's website to obtain permission for approved uses.
Any further copying, distribution, commercial use, or non-personal use of the images, texts, programs, or other materials found in this site, without the express written consent of NSTA, is strictly prohibited.
Linking to an NSTA web page
You generally do not need permission to post a text link to the NSTA website. We reserve the right, however, to revoke permission at any time for such text links. NSTA does not allow framing of its web content.
Other uses of NSTA content
NSTA reserves the right to refuse any requests for permission to republish NSTA material for any reason. We generally do not give permission for:
- Sales, marketing, or promotion, including communications to current or potential customers;
- Commercial purposes;
NSTA does not allow the use of our logos or graphics without permission.
For other kinds of requests, please e-mail email@example.com.