Teaching science is an awesome responsibility. The children you teach are depending on you to model good science and to teach them the skills needed to learn about our increasingly scientific and technological world. Learning and Assessing Science Process Skills
is all you need to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to bring the science process skills to your students.
• Big Science Ideas
- in each chapter major science concepts, themes, and topics used for the process skills activities are identified. Big Science Ideas can be used to adapt the process skills activity for classroom use and to see how the activity connects to state and national science standards.
• Alignment to State and National Standards
- related science standards from states across the country are identified, along with National Science Education Standards and National Council of Teachers of Mathematics standards met in each chapter.
• Technology Spotlight
- These sections in each chapter reflect current technologies.
• Web sites and Search Terms
- appear in every chapter. These special boxes provide suggested words and phrases that can be used to search the Internet for additional information.
• High-Stakes Testing
- actual questions students were given to measure their knowledge of the related science process skill. This puts you a step ahead in planning classroom evaluation.
Of course the Self-Assessment Questions
and Answers, Classroom Scenarios, Ideas for Your Classroom
and Models for Assessing Student Learning
are still included in the fifth edition, along with the engaging and meaningful activities from which you and your students will learn so much!
Learning and Assessing Science Process Skills
is truly the only tool needed to competently and confidently provide exemplary science instruction.
[hide full abstract]