Submit by June 17, 2011
This academy is delivered in partnership between the Urban Science Education Leaders (USEL)
and the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
The Urban Science Education Leaders (USEL) in collaboration with the National Science Teachers
Association (NSTA) is providing urban school districts an opportunity to attend an Urban Science
Education Leadership Academy.
Districts wishing to participate must:
- Commit to the participation in the Urban Science Education Leadership Academy in Baltimore, MD, June 27, 2011 – July 1, 2011.
- Elementary/Middle teachers, accompanied by a principal and district science supervisor.
- Commit to the participation in electronic professional development sessions during the school year.
- Commit to provide the teachers with the necessary materials and support for the 2011-2012.
- Commit to phasing in research-based practices, with a focus on inquiry, in elementary/middle science education.
- Submit the district application which must include a letter of commitment from the Principal and Regional/Area superintendant or his/her designee.
Applications must be submitted by June 17, 2011.
- Academy fees:
- Academy Participant. $1, 200.00 per person ($6,000 per team).
- All fees must be submitted to NSTA no later than Friday, June 17, by 4pm (EST).
- Fees include: registration, materials, up to 5 nights lodging, breakfast and lunch on full program days.
Begin your application process:
Please fill out this form and upload your application.
Questions in red are required.
- Uploaded % ( ) Total
- Elapsed time: Estimated time: Speed: