Creating an Immersive Exhibiting Experience
By Jefferson Davis, Competitive Edge
One of the most important questions you can ask in planning your exhibit is “Who is our ideal visitor and what to do want them to experience, remember and do?”
A crystal clear answer to this question will help you create a unique and compelling exhibit experience that attracts more of the right attendees. An experience that will help your company, products and services stand out from the crowd, more effectively communicate your messaging and increase visitor recall.
There are basically two types of exhibits: static and interactive. A static exhibit does not fully immerse or engage the visitor. An interactive exhibit immerses visitors in a multi-sensory experience. The more a visitor can see, hear, touch and interact with your product or services the more impact it will be.
Exhibit Surveys, an independent tradeshow and event research firm, found that 69% of attendees rate product demonstrations and stage/theatre presentations as a key factor in influencing exhibit memorability and recall.
Here are six tips to help you create a successful live presentation or demonstration:
- Develop content relevant to your target audience—Think about who your target audience is, what their top-of-mind concerns and priorities are, and how your product/service addresses those needs
- Be creative—The creative approach should match your audience’s taste and your company’s brand
- Remember the message—The creative concepts used should always further your key messages and never obscure them
- Show, tell, prove and get them to participating in any way possible by pushing buttons, holding things, answering questions, seeing before and after images or anything else you can think of
- Keep it short—7 minutes or less. Give them the buzz not every detail
- Have a strong call to action and pull through to the rest of the booth
Jefferson Davis, president of Competitive Edge is known as the “Tradeshow Turnaround Artist". Since 1991, his consulting and training services have helped clients improve their tradeshow performance and results to the tune of over $500M. Mr. Davis is creator of the NSTA Online Exhibitor Resource Center. He can be reached at 704-814-7355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.