Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge
Congratulation to the year 2 grand prize winners and year 3 regional winners in the Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge.
The Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge Competition recognizes exceptional and innovative science educators, to recognize outstanding K–12 school programs for their exemplary approaches to science lab instruction utilizing limited school and laboratory resources, and raise awareness and exposure of the outstanding work being done in the science education field in the following targeted areas near Shell assets:
- Mobile, Alabama
- Carson, California (LAUSDs in Carson, Mormon Island, Van Nuys, Colton, Long Beach)
- Convent, Louisiana (St. James Parish, Livingston Parish)
- Geismar, Louisiana (Ascension Parish, City of Zachary SD, City of Central SD, City of Baker SD, East Baton Rouge Parish)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (Jefferson Parish, Orleans Parish, Terrebonne Parish, LaFourche Parish, Iberville Parish, St. Tammany Parish, La Fourche Parish, St. Bernard Parish)
- Norco, Louisiana (St. Charles Parish, St. John Parish)
- Port Allen, Louisiana (West Baton Rouge Parish)
- Monaca, Pennsylvania (Cen. Valley, Aliquippa, W. Beaver, Beaver, Rochester, N. Brighton, Riverside, Beaver Falls, Blackhawk)
- Deer Park, Texas (Deer Park ISD, Pasadena ISD, LaPorte ISD)
- Houston, Texas (Region 4 Education Service Center)
- Kermit, Texas (Kermit ISD, Midland ISD, Pecos-Barstow-Toyah ISD, Wink-Loving ISD)
- Puget Sound, Washington (Anacortes SD, La Conner SD, Mt. Vernon SD, Burlington-Edison SD, Sedro-Wooley SD, Concrete SD, Conway SD)
All entries must be received by 11:59PM EST on 2/18/2021, via online submission. There is no fee to enter.
A distinguished panel of professional science educators will gather virtually to select the winners. To be eligible for consideration, all work must be current and cumulative as applicable.
The Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge Grand Prize winners will be honored during a black-tie dinner gala at the NSTA National Conference on Science Education.
The Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge is sponsored by Shell, whose support entails professional development to science educators to improve their content knowledge and instructional methods, and to improve science instruction in classrooms and science labs. Recognition includes a lab makeover support package valued at $10,000 for elementary and middle schools, and $15,000 for high schools.
Teachers can register for the free web seminar for the Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge here:
Teachers can register for the free webseminar for the Shell Awards here:
For more information, contact Amanda Upton, the Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge Competition liaison, at 703.312.9217 or email@example.com.
Apply or nominate a colleague today!
Deadline: January 22, 2021
Archived Web Seminar: Developing a Competitive Application for the Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge
Please note: a related program, the Shell Science Lab Challenge, has ended.
See also the Shell Science Teaching Award on the Awards and Recognition Program page.