For College Professors
The NSTA Website is Your Online Textbook
Create a truly integrated and blended learning experience for your teacher candidates with a customized interactive online textbook leveraging the NSTA Website!
Professors at over 100 institutions of higher education have opted to use the NSTA Website as their online textbook when teaching science pre-service teachers. The NSTA online textbook is a class bundled product that consists of a NSTA digital membership combined with the ability to add fee-based resources to the library at no additional cost.
How Does it Work?
- Create an engaging suite of content and experiences using their resources, external URLs, and NSTA digital resources, professional learning tools, and online community.
- Track their students’ usage, online participation, and learning via the professor’s dashboard and students’ profiles.
- Become NSTA members (Professional).
- Build a digital library of professional learning resources they can use during the course and for the rest of their career.
- Engage in discourse and network with other professional educators via community forums and web seminars.
- Use professional learning tools to personalize, manage, and document their growth.
- Receive recognition for their online work via badges and leader boards.
- Become NSTA members (Digital Discounted).
How to Begin?
Create your class landing page to "test-drive" the NSTA resources, professional learning tools, and online community. An NSTA staff member will contact you to share strategies for best use and to answer questions.
Create Class Landing Page (must be logged-in)
- Testimonials from professors
- Participating Institutions
- NSTA Position Statement on e-Learning
- NSTA Resource Collections
What is the Cost to the Students?
There are two different price points for the Class Bundle. The professor selects the price point for all the students in the class.
- $99 per student for a NSTA Digital Membership that is good through the student’s graduation date and 1-year time for the student to add to the library up to 15 e-Book Chapters and self-pace online modules (25 modules available on a variety of topics).
- $72 per student for a 1-year NSTA Digital Membership and 6-month time for the student to add to the library up to 15 e-Book Chapters and self-pace online modules (25 modules available on a variety of topics).
Students can purchase the Class Bundle online through the NSTA Website with a credit card. If necessary, an option is available for students to purchase an access code via the university book store.
Please contact Flavio Mendez via email at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
"Several middle level teacher candidates in our class this fall semester passed the Praxis II Middle Level Science exam on their first attempt! They credited the NSTA SciPacks as one of the resources that contributed to their success. Also, they wholeheartedly recommended my continued use of the NSTA resources and the Learning Center as our class e-textbook for future semesters."
Nathan Carnes, Ph.D.
Associate Director Center for Teaching Excellence
University of South Carolina