For Teachers and Administrators
Understanding Next Generation Science Standards
The Next Generation Science Standards emphasize the use of science and engineering practices to teach critical science content and introduce the concept of three-dimensional learning. Start with some basics about the standards.
- Scientific and Engineering Practices in K-12 Classrooms
- Science for the Next Generation
- The Future of Assessment With NGSS
What Do the NGSS Look Like in Practice?
The NGSS represent a shift in thinking about how students learn, and classroom instruction must adapt accordingly. Find out what the new standards mean for you and your students.
- Translating the NGSS for Classroom Instruction
- Engaging Students in the Scientific Practices of Explanation and Argumentation
Helping Others Implement the NGSS
These standards are a big change from the way many schools teach science today. We’ve put together some guides that will help you bring them to your district or school system