This resource has 7 correlations with the National Standards.
- Process Standards for Professional Development
- Prepares educators to apply research to decision making. (NSDC)
- Connect and integrate all pertinent aspects of science and science education. (NSES)
- Teaching Standards
- Teachers of science plan an inquiry-based science program for their students.
- Select teaching and assessment strategies that support the development of student understanding and nurture a community of science learners.
- Teachers of science engage in ongoing assessment of their teaching and of student learning.
- Analyze assessment data to guide teaching.
- Use student data, observations of teaching, and interactions with colleagues to reflect on and improve teaching practice.
- Use student data, observations of teaching, and interactions with colleagues to report student achievement and opportunities to learn to students, teachers, parents, policy makers, and the general public.
- Use multiple methods and systematically gather data about student understanding and ability.