National Congress on Science Education
The National Congress on Science Education meets annually and consists of one voting delegate from each of the 94 NSTA Chapters and Associated Groups. The Congress meets to discuss issues and bring forth recommendations that may be of interest to NSTA and the science education community. Delegates and other local leaders benefit from attending the summer congress, which provides opportunities to
- Network with other science leaders from the US and Canada;
- Attend leadership workshops to assist them in their association role;
- Represent their members as a voting delegate;
- Attend focus groups to address national issues and formulate debate and adopt resolutions;
- Meet and work with the NSTA elected leaders and staff.
Save The Date!
2020 National Congress on Science Education
Tuesday, July 7 & Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Virtual Platform via Zoom
NCSE Registration and Declaring Delegates/Alternates
Registration for the 2020 NCSE Meeting is now open. This meeting is free to all Chapter and Associated Groups.
Declaring delegates and alternates will also be a part of the registration process. All delegates and alternates must be declared by June 28, 2020 (10 days prior to the start of the meeting, per the NCSE Operating Policy).
An announcement will be sent to all chapter and associated group leaders informing everyone when registration is available.
Questions or Suggestions?
Contact NSTA Chapter Relations or call (800)722-6782, ext. 265 or (703)312-9265.
2020 National Congress on Science Education Planning Committee
- Elizabeth Allan, NSTA President and NCSE Chairperson
- Alfonso Garcia Arriola, Oregon Science Teachers Association
- Leena Bakshi, California Science Teachers Association
- Lorraine O'Shea, North Dakota Science Teachers Association
- Sharon Cates, Idaho Science Teachers Association - Congress Alternate
- Brian Butler, District V Director
- Rick Jones, District XVI Director
- Anica Miller-Rushing, District II Director
- Danae Wirth, District X Director - Council Alternate