National Congress on Science Education
The National Congress on Science Education meets annually and consists of one voting delegate from each of the 94 NSTA Chapters and Associated Groups. The Congress meets to discuss issues and bring forth recommendations that may be of interest to NSTA and the science education community. Delegates and other local leaders benefit from attending the summer congress, which provides opportunities to
- Network with other science leaders from the US and Canada;
- Attend leadership workshops to assist them in their association role;
- Represent their members as a voting delegate;
- Attend focus groups to address national issues and formulate, debate, and adopt resolutions;
- Collaborate with the NSTA elected leaders and staff.
Save the Date!
2022 National Congress on Science Education
Friday, June 24 & Monday – Wednesday, June 27 – 29, 2022
NCSE Registration and Declaring Delegates/Alternates
Registration for the 2022 NCSE Meeting will open in early spring. This meeting is free of charge and will be held virtually Friday, June 24 & Monday – Wednesday, June 27 – 29, 2022.
Declaring delegates and alternates will also be a part of the registration process. All delegates and alternates must be declared by June 17, 2022 (10 days prior to the start of the meeting, per the NCSE Operating Policy).
Questions or Suggestions?
For more information, questions, and suggestions for NCSE forums and workshops, please contact NSTA Chapter Relations or call (800)722-6782, ext. 265 or (703)312-9265.
2022 National Congress on Science Education Planning Committee
- Elizabeth Mulkerrin, NSTA President-Elect and NCSE Chairperson
- Linda Smith, Association of Presidential Awardees in Science Teaching
- Jennifer Meyer, Science Teachers Association of Texas
- Sara Pappalardo, Maryland Science Teachers Association
- Joe Sumrall, Mississippi Science Teachers Association (Alternate)
- Michelle Ellis, District VI Director
- Brian Klaft, District XII Director
- Kristi Kimble, District XIV Director
- Jacob Hayward, District VII (Alternate)