As you may have read, NSTA is partnering with Routledge/Taylor & Francis (T&F) to publish its five journals: Science & Children, Science Scope, The Science Teacher, Journal of College Science Teaching, and Connected Science Learning. Beginning in January 2024, NSTA’s journals will be hosted on the T&F Online platform. NSTA’s journals will be an excellent addition to T&F’s world-leading education journals portfolio and will receive dedicated support and attention to ensure their success.
We will be publishing the first articles for CSL via the T&F platform on January 1, 2024. For NSTA to be ready for this major transition, we will not be publishing any articles in CSL on the NSTA website in November and December 2023.
Key elements of the partnership are as follows:
- NSTA’s journals—their editors, authors, and readers—will receive all the benefits of working with a major international publishing house, including close support from the T&F editorial, production, customer services, and marketing teams.
- T&F journals will be available in full text in more than 12,000 libraries worldwide. This increased audience reach to individuals who may not have otherwise been exposed to the relevant journals will heighten awareness and interest in key topics central to NSTA’s mission.
- The partnership will provide increased impact for research through article downloads, Altmetric scores, DOI numbers, and citations.
- T&F is committed to innovation, continuously investing in regular updates to its state-of-the-art online platform. Some recent innovations include ReadSpeaker, which easily converts text to speech on each article page, and the integration of Publons in their peer review management systems to allow reviewers to track their activities online.
- Print editions of Science & Children, Science Scope, and The Science Teacher will still be available for NSTA members who wish to receive them.
For CSL specifically, this partnership means that:
- Every article since the journal’s inception will be included on the T&F platform.
- Articles will be provided in a PDF format suitable for printing and downloading.
- Articles will be published online as soon as they are ready.
- Issues will be published six times per year, as soon as all articles for the issue are ready.
NSTA will maintain full control over the ways in which members have access to the journals. Routledge/Taylor & Francis is committed to giving NSTA members access to the online version of each journal via secure means through the NSTA website. Your member login on www.nsta.org will automatically log you in on www.tandfonline.com.
For more information on this exciting change for NSTA journals, feel free to contact Peter Lindeman, Journals Director at email@example.com.